Global Poker Responsible Social Gaming Policy
Global Poker is committed to endorsing responsible social gaming as a policy of customer care and social responsibility.
We believe it is our responsibility to you, our customers, to ensure that you enjoy your experience on our platforms, while remaining fully aware of the potential risks that can be associated with computer gaming if you don’t remain in control.
To ensure that you continue to enjoy safe and manageable play, we fully support responsible social gaming and have put measures in place to assist players who wish to control their play.
1. Keeping track of your play
Playing computer games should be treated as a fun pastime. Here are some tips to help you maintain control of your gaming:
Keep it fun
Playing computer games is a form of entertainment. Entertainment costs money. But remember computer games should be played in moderation and not to escape reality or to generate income through winning prizes.
Don’t spend too much
Set a budget for your entertainment and stick to it. Only purchase Gold Coins if you can afford to. You can always make use of free play via Global Poker’s alternative methods of entry (see $weeps Rules).
Keep track of the time
We’re thrilled you’re here and we hope that can continue, however don’t let gaming take up too much of your time. Just like going to the cinema, we’re here when you need some entertainment.
Make use of our gaming management tools
Should you require some time out, you can take a break from playing at any time by following the steps in section 2.
If you think you may be gaming too often, then it may be handy to consider the self-assessment questions in section 3 below.
2. Staying in control
We encourage our customers game responsibly, so we offer a variety of responsible social gaming features.
2.1 Session Reminders
Global Poker assists players to game responsibly by operating a Session Reminder for players each hour.
The Session Reminder:
- suspends play and indicates how long the you have been playing;
- displays a player’s Gold Coin and Sweepstakes winnings since logging on; and
- allows you to end the session or continue playing.
2.2 Set Limits
This facility provides you with the option to pre-set:
- how many Gold Coins you can purchase for a designated period (daily/weekly/monthly); and
- the amount of Gold Coins and/or $weeps Cash™ you play during the designated period.
To pre-set a limit, visit http://globalpoker.com and select the “Contact Us” , select “Submit a Request”, and choose “Apply Purchase Limits or Self Exclusion” in the drop-down menu, complete the remainder of the form and submit (Set Limits Feature).
We will endeavour to apply your limits as soon as practically possible, however, please note that this process takes a reasonable working period to implement. The limits will not come into effect until they have been fully implemented and this has been communicated to you. If after this you find that the limits have not taken effect, it is your responsibility to inform us immediately. In the meantime, you can self-exclude for 24 hours (see item 2.3 below) whilst waiting for your limits to be applied. If you choose not to do this, any spending that occurs whilst waiting for your limits to be applied is your responsibility.
You may change or revoke your pre-set limits by sending us a request, visit http://globalpoker.com and select the “Contact Us” link, select “Submit a Request”, choose “Customer Support Request” from the drop-down menu, complete the remainder of the form and submit (Request Support Feature). A request to increase a limit will come into effect as soon as practically possible, a request to decrease or revoke a limit only takes effect seven (7) days after we have received and processed your request.
2.3 Take a break (self-exclusion options)
If you feel that you want to take a break, or that your gaming has become problematic, you may voluntarily exclude yourself from the Global Poker platform:
- for a definite period (Definite Self-Exclusion) login in to the Global Poker platform (https://play.globalpoker.com/login), select the “Responsible Gaming” link from the drop down menu, check the “I agree to take a break” checkbox, and select the period of time for which you wish to be excluded from the platform (24h, 7 days, 30 days, 90 days, 180 days). Alternatively, you can also make a written request to [email protected]; or
- for an indefinite period (Indefinite Self-Exclusion) login in to the Global Poker platform (https://play.globalpoker.com/login), select the “Responsible Gaming” link from the drop down menu, check the “agree to take a break” checkbox, and select “Indefinite” which will permanently exclude you from platform except for very special circumstances. Alternatively, you can also make a written request to [email protected].
We will endeavour to apply your self-exclusion as soon as practically possible, however, please note that this process takes a reasonable working period to implement. We will not consider the self-exclusion period as having commenced until it has been implemented by us and communicated to you. If after this you find that you can still access the Global Poker platform, it is your responsibility to inform us immediately.
During a self-exclusion period, you will not have any access to the Global Poker platform. If you require access to your account history and information you will need to email Customer Support at [email protected].
At the conclusion of a Definite Self-Exclusion, your access to the Global Poker platform will be automatically reinstated.
When an Indefinite Self-Exclusion is applied, it will not be possible to reopen your account except for very special circumstances. If you wish to reopen your account after applying an Indefinite Self-Exclusion you may make a written email request to [email protected]. The decision to reopen your account is solely at our discretion.
Once the self-exclusion is applied, you will no longer receive any further marketing materials from us. We strongly recommend that you also seek exclusion from all other social gaming platforms you have an active account with. If you use social media channels, you should take steps to ensure that you don’t receive our news or updates.
We may exclude you from Global Poker platform for a definite or indefinite period in our sole discretion if there are reasons to indicate that you may have a computer gaming problem.
2.4 Stop playing/Close your account
You may choose to close your account. Visit http://globalpoker.com, select the “Contact Us”, select “Submit a Request”, choose “Request to Apply Purchase Limits or Self Exclusion” in the drop-down menu, check the “Poker Account Closure” option (Stop Playing Feature). Please ensure you provide a reason for your account closure in the space provided. Alternatively you may email your request to [email protected].
2.5 Activity Statement
Information relating to your gaming for the last three months can be viewed in the Gaming History section of Global Poker (where you can view your Gold Coin and $weeps Cash™ play) and in the Transaction History section of the platform (where you can view your Gold Coin purchases, Sweepstakes prizes and prize redemptions). For information relating to your gaming that goes back more than three months, please contact Customer Support (refer to section 5.1 of our Player Protection Policy below).
If you think your or someone else’s computer gaming is becoming problematic, then it may be handy to consider the self-assessment questions below.
- Do you often re-live gaming experiences or think about future ones?
- Do you hide or lie about your gaming?
- Do you get very angry when someone or something interrupts a game?
- Have you ever taken a break from gaming and binged uncontrollably upon your return?
- When upset, do you soothe yourself with games or plans to game?
- Do you find yourself gaming in the early morning?
- Do you find ways to game when away from home?
- Do you set limits with gaming and then break them, playing hours longer than intended?
- Do you lose hours of sleep to gaming?
- Have you called in sick or late to work or skipped classes to game?
- Have you sworn off a game, uninstalled it, and later returned to it?
- Do you feel guilt and shame around your gaming?
- Does gaming contribute to arguments in your relationships?
- Has gaming taken the place of any hobbies or sports you used to enjoy?
- Do you forget appointments, responsibilities or deadlines in work or school when gaming?
- Do you become irritated and defensive when people suggest you might be gaming too much?
- Have your hours spent gaming increased over time?
- Do you blow off social events to game?
- Have you lost contact with friends and family since gaming?
- Do you have intense feelings (highs, lows, anger, fear) while gaming?
The more questions that you answer “yes” to, the more likely it is that you are having difficulties with your gaming. To speak with someone who can give you advice and support, please contact the Support Organisation referred to in section 4.
4. Support Organisation
If you or someone you know has a problem with gaming, we advise that you consider assistance from Computer Gaming Addicts Anonymous http://cgaa.info/.
Player Protection Policy
1. Protection of Minors
With the internet accessible via mobile devices and in homes around the world, responsible online gaming relies heavily on parental control and supervision. In order to ensure child safety on the internet, we encourage our customers to make use of filtering software to prevent minors from accessing inappropriate online material.
2. Tips for parents
We offer the following tips for parents:
- Keep your username and password safe.
- Do not leave your computer or device unattended when logged in to your account.
- Do not use the “Remember Me” feature on a shared computer or device, especially if you share your computer or device with children.
- Take particular care regarding the use by minors of all electronic and mobile devices.
- Keep your bank cards and bank account details out of reach of children.
- Do not allow minors (under 18 years) to participate in any gaming activity meant for adults (+18 years).
- Make use of filtering software to prevent your children from accessing inappropriate material online.
If you share your device or computer with friends or family who are under the legal age to participate in online social gaming, we recommend that you restrict their access to gaming platforms by using one of the below services:
3. Tips for Players
- Make sure that the decision to play Global Poker is your own personal choice.
- Determine how much you will spend before playing.
- Before you start playing, familiarise yourself with the rules of the games.
We suggest that you don’t play on our platform if:
- it interferes with your daily responsibilities;
- you are being treated or are in recovery for any type of dependency;
- you are under the influence of alcohol or any other substance; or
- your primary purpose is to pay debts using prizes you might win.
4. The Gaming Contract and Privacy
5. Customer Support
5.1. Customer Support
If you would like to contact Customer Support or have a complaint regarding our services, you may contact us by:
- selecting the “Contact Us” link on the platform, selecting “Request Support” as the issue, completing the remainder of the form and clicking “Submit” (Request Support Feature); or
- emailing [email protected].
Customer complaints of any nature must be submitted within 3 months of the issue occurring.
5.2. Information which must be Included in any written communication
To protect your privacy, all email communications between you and us should be carried out using the email address that you have registered with your customer account. Failure to do so may result in our response being delayed.
The following information must be included in any written communication with us (including a complaint):
- your username;
- your first name and surname, as registered on your customer account;
- a detailed explanation of the enquiry/complaint/claim; and
- any specific dates and times associated with the enquiry/complaint/claim (if applicable).
Please note that any failure to submit written communication with the information outlined above may result in a delay in our ability to identify and respond to your complaint/claim in a timely manner. Upon receipt, we will endeavour to reply to your communication within 48 hours. Further, best efforts will be made to resolve any reported matter promptly and, at a maximum, within 10 days, depending in the complexity of the matter. If for some reason you are not satisfied with the resolution of your complaint/claim please refer to our Terms & Conditions.