Date of last Update: 22nd March 2019
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE A PARTICIPANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
Global Poker is an online platform which offers Participants the chance to play games for entertainment and enjoyment. Global Poker also gives away sweepstakes entries referred to as “$weeps Cash™” as set out in these Sweeps Rules. $weeps Cash™ can be used to play sweepstakes games for a chance to win further $weeps Cash™ as prizes that can be redeemed for real money.
1. ELIGIBILITY TO PLAY GLOBAL POKER
1.1. Global Poker sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia but excluding outlying territories) (the “United States”) and Canada (excluding residents of the province of Quebec), who are at least eighteen (18) years old or the age of majority in their jurisdiction (whichever occurs later) at the time of entry. PARTICIPATION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1.2. A person who participates in the Sweepstakes is a “Participant”.
1.3. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial and local laws and regulations. It is the sole responsibility of a Participant to determine whether the Sweepstakes is legal and compliant with all regulations in the jurisdiction in which the Participant resides.
1.4. Participation constitutes the Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Sweeps Rules and Sponsor’s/Promoter’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
1.5. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set out in these Sweeps Rules.
1.6. Employees and former employees (less than 3 years since cessation of employment) of VGW GP Limited or VGW RMG Malta Limited, any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, holding companies, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes and their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children, whether the relationship is by birth, marriage or adoption) and household members (people who share the same residence at least 3 months of the year) are not eligible to participate.
2.1. The “Sponsor/Promoter” of the Sweepstakes is VGW RMG Malta Limited of 5-7 Matilda Court, Giuseppe Cali Street, Ta’ Xbiex, XBX 1423 Malta.
3. HOW TO COLLECT $WEEPS CASH™
3.1. A Participant must be a member of Global Poker (if a Participant is not a member, the Participant can become a member free of charge at www.globalpoker.com). To enter the Sweepstakes, a Participant must access Global Poker at www.globalpoker.com and sign in.
3.2. Once a Participant accesses Global Poker, there are three potential ways to collect $weeps Cash™:
- Receive $weeps Cash™ as a free bonus when purchasing Gold Coins. Each Participant will automatically receive $weeps Cash™ as a bonus upon the purchase of Gold Coins (if a bonus is applicable to that purchase). Gold Coins can be used for social game play in Global Poker. Gold Coins cannot be redeemed for real money. The amount of $weeps Cash™ a Participant will receive as a bonus for each relevant Gold Coin purchase will be stated in the website purchase window. All purchases of Gold Coins are final and no refunds will be given.
- Receive $weeps Cash™ when entering $weeps Cash™ no-cost giveaway contests on the Global Poker Facebook page. The Sponsor/Promoter regularly holds $weeps Cash™ no-cost giveaway contests which Participants can enter by following the instructions on the Facebook page. These giveaways may require sharing the Facebook page posts or answering various game related questions to be eligible for entry. The amount of $weeps Cash™ given away will be stated on the applicable $weeps Cash™ no-cost contest post, and will be credited to each contest winners account.
- Receive $weeps Cash™ by sending a request by post. Participants in the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec) can receive $weeps Cash™ by sending a stamped #10 envelope, hand written, to the following address:
United States residents:VGW RMG LIMITED GLOBAL POKER SWEEPSTAKES DEPARTMENT PO BOX #8486 PORTSMOUTH, NH 03801;
Canadian residents:VGW RMG LIMITED GLOBAL POKER SWEEPSTAKES DEPARTMENT PO BOX #990 135 WEST BEAVER CREEK ROAD, RICHMOND HILL, ONTARIO L4B 4R7.
3.3. Participants must include their full name and return address on the front of the envelope and the words: “Sweepstakes Credits:”. There is a limit of one request per outer envelope. For each request a Participant submits, the Participant will receive 5 $weeps Cash™ credits. The $weeps Cash™ will be added to the Participant’s account. NOTE: A Participant must ensure that their hand writing is legible. If the Participant’s hand writing is not legible, the entry will be void and the $weeps Cash™ will not be credited to the Participant’s account. The legibility of a Participant’s hand writing shall be determined by Sponsor/Promoter in its sole discretion.
3.4. The amount of $weeps Cash™ a Participant has will be displayed in their account on the website. The amount of $weeps Cash™ to be allocated to Participants can be changed at any time by the Sponsor/Promoter in its sole discretion.
3.5. Sponsor/Promoter is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected $weeps Cash™ requests or allocations.
3.6. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register the Global Poker account will be deemed to be the Participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
3.7. Use of any automated or other system(s) to participate, to acquire $weeps Cash™ or play the games is prohibited and will result in disqualification and loss of eligibility to participate in the games.
3.8. $weeps Cash™ is only valid for ninety (90) days from the date a Participant last logged on to their customer account and will thereafter automatically expire.
3.9. $weeps Cash™ may also be forfeited if a Participant’s account is deactivated for any reason, or at the Sponsor/Promoter’s discretion.
4. USING $WEEPS CASH™ TO PLAY GAMES
4.1. Participants with $weeps Cash™ can use those $weeps Cash™ to play games within Global Poker for a chance to win additional $weeps Cash™. $weeps Cash™ won through game play can be redeemed for real money.
4.2. Within Global Poker there are different games. The amount of $weeps Cash™ required to play each game will be detailed next to the game. A Participant may be able to increase the amount of $weeps Cash™ they play the game with so they can increase their potential winning eligibility.
4.3. Only games played with $weeps Cash™ provide the opportunity to win prizes that can be redeemed for real money. The prize that can be won while playing a game will be shown in Global Poker by clicking the “Win Table” or “Pay Table” button, denominated as “$weeps Cash™”.
4.4. Each $weeps Cash™ credit that has been won through game play (rather than collected using one of the methods described in Section 3 above) can be redeemed for USD$1.
4.5. Sponsor’s/Promoter’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes, the game and the amount of winnings are final and binding.
4.6. Unless Sponsor/Promoter requires otherwise, any $weeps Cash™ allocated to a Participant is required to be played once before it is eligible to be redeemed for real money. Sponsor/Promoter may, in its sole discretion, require that any $weeps Cash™ allocated to a Participant must be played a greater number of times (not exceeding 20) in any combination of $weeps Cash™ games before it is eligible to be redeemed for real money.
4.7. Sponsor/Promoter reserves the right to change the prize win rates and odds of any of the Sweepstakes games at any time. A Participant can see the actual and any amended details by clicking on the “Win Table” or “Pay Table” button. It is a Participant’s responsibility to check the prize win rate on each occasion before they participate.
5. VERIFICATION AND CONFIRMATION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS
5.1. POTENTIAL SWEEPSTAKES WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR/PROMOTER (IN ANY MANNER IT MAY CHOOSE) AND THE DECISIONS OF SPONSOR/PROMOTER ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE ONLINE SCREEN INDICATES THEY ARE, UNLESS AND UNTIL THE PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING PLAY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND THE PARTICIPANT HAS FULLY COMPLIED WITH THESE SWEEPS RULES AND BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR/PROMOTER WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER PURPORTED EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS.
5.2. Potential prize winners must comply with these Sweeps Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
5.3. A potential prize winner may be required to sign and return to Sponsor/Promoter, an affidavit/declaration of eligibility, and liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize (if applicable). In addition, in the case of a Canadian eligible winner, he/she will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid to be administered at a pre-arranged mutually convenient time.
5.4. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to properly execute and return the affidavit/declaration of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), fails to comply with these Sweeps Rules (including, but not limited to, the requirement to correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question if a resident of Canada), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, that potential winner forfeits the prize.
5.5. In the event that a potential winner of a Sweepstakes prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor/Promoter may award the applicable prize to the next placed winner in the Sweepstakes (if applicable).
6.1. A Participant’s $weeps Cash™ balance is stated in the Participant’s account.
6.2. All $weeps Cash™ redemptions will be paid out in USD using an account of a payment provider authorised by Sponsor/Promoter, as amended from time to time.
6.3. Sponsor/Promoter will only process a prize redemption if the redeemed amount is USD$50 or more (i.e. a minimum of 50 $weeps Cash™ credits). Consequently, a Participant’s account must have a balance of at least 50 $weeps Cash™ credits before they can be redeemed for real money.
6.4. TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR A $WEEPS CASH™ PRIZE OR A $WEEPS CASH™ PRIZE REDEMPTION:
- A PARTICIPANT MUST BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES (INCLUDING DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA BUT EXCLUDING OUTLYING TERRITORIES) OR CANADA (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC); AND
- THE PARTICIPANT’S DETAILS MUST MATCH THOSE OF THE PARTICIPANT’S ACCOUNT.
6.5. In New York and Florida, the maximum redemption of a $weeps Cash™ prize won on any one spin or play, via a Participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes games (“Maximum Redemption”) is limited to US$5,000. Any Maximum Redemption in excess of US$5,000 will not be paid.
6.6. Sponsor/Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to limit a Participant’s redemption of $weeps Cash™ to USD$10,000 per day. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
6.7. Sponsor/Promoter is not responsible for any taxes or fees associated with a prize redemption. Participants are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or redemption.
6.8. $weeps Cash™ is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s/Promoter’s sole discretion. Sponsor/Promoter reserves the right to substitute the listed prize of equal or greater value for any reason owing to circumstances outside Sponsor’s/Promoter’s reasonable control.
6.9. Prize winners will be notified by private message or email within 5 business days of winning.
7. ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE
7.1. By participating, each Participant agrees to:
- comply with and be bound by these Sweeps Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor/Promoter which are binding and final;
- release and hold harmless the Sponsor/Promoter and its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a Participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Sweepstakes, acceptance or use or misuse of prizes (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and
- indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor/Promoter from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys/legal fees) arising out of or relating to a Participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or Participant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prizes.
8.1. Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each Participant’s consent to Sponsor’s/Promoter’s and its agents’ use of Participant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state/province/territory for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment, notice or consideration.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS
9.1. Sponsor/Promoter reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes or these Sweeps Rules, or any part of the Sweepstakes or these Sweeps Rules, with immediate effect owing to circumstances outside its reasonable control and only where circumstances make it unavoidable if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s/Promoter’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor/Promoter in its sole discretion.
9.2. Sponsor/Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Sweeps Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
9.3. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor/Promoter reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s/Promoter’s failure to enforce any term of these Sweeps Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9.4. In all other cases, the Sponsor/Promoter reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes. Any notice regarding cancellation, suspension and/or modification will be posted on Global Poker at www.globalpoker.com.
9.5. In the event of modifying the Sweepstakes, a Participant’s continued enrolment and/or participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes acceptance of the modified terms.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
10.1. Insofar as permitted by law in the respective territories, the Released Parties (as defined above) are not responsible for:
- any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by a Participant, printing error or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes;
- technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software;
- unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes;
- technical or human error which may occur in the administration or operation of the Sweepstakes; or
- any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10.2. If for any reason a Participant’s $weeps Cash™ or winning play is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Participant’s sole remedy is replacement by Sponsor/Promotor of an equivalent amount of $weeps Cash™.
11.1. Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each Participant agrees that:
- any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the Participant (or for Canadian residents the International Centre for Dispute Resolution);
- the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and
- judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction.
11.2. Under no circumstances will any Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than Participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11.3. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Sweeps Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Participant and Sponsor/Promoter in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
11.4. To ensure fairness and the integrity of the promotion to all Participants, the Sponsor/Promoter will respond to questions via [email protected] and may post updates/communications on its Facebook page.
11.5. Any Participant posting or seen to be posting comments on Sponsor’s/Promoter’s Facebook page or elsewhere during the promotion that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other Participants, players and fans of Global Poker or directly aimed at the Sponsor/Promoter, will have their comments removed and will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor/Promoter reserves the right to alert Facebook to any such behaviour and Participant may have his/her Facebook account frozen pending investigation.